Thursday, February 18, 2016

Partners

In life there is always that someone who will help you through thick and thin. Maybe we don't seem to see it and we think that there's always more than one. We don't realise that there always that someone who seems to stand-out.

In my case, my wife.

We always cuddle up, with our son, before going to bed. Last night was no different. We always try to have our family talk before going to bed when something went wrong on that day. It's our way of 'reviewing' what went wrong and what lessons it taught us. Yesterday my son got cranky about his school homework. My wife did everything she could to help him out by suggesting alternatives on what he could do. But instead of listening and tried solving his dilemma, he cried.

As we were trying to recall the situation studying the lessons it brought and how that situation will help him in future incidents, he, again, cried. We've known for a while now that he has difficulties accepting his mistakes. Though we are working on that on a regular basis, keeping his emotions in check, is really tough for the kid. We knew though that he learns from all of this but when you're just a kid, your perspective of things are just different. Perhaps being an only child helps less.

When all is well and we knew that he got the message we wanted to relay, my wife thanked me for helping up with house chores. I said that t'was nothing because she also helped me a lot. Then she asked me how? I told her that she helped me in decisions that I have made. In pointing out my weaknesses and mistakes.

This morning, I realised that, those were not the only things that she is helping me with. There are tons of things she does that helps me a lot. From just doing everything at home to helping me with ideas how to deal with problems at work.

Marriage, I suppose, is not just a union of two people, it's also a partnership. We've been married for over 10 years now. We've had rough times, ups and downs and a lot of misunderstandings too.

However what I've realised is that we've overcome all of those because we are partners. A team who can solve more together.

If you treat you're wife more than just a person you are married to or just a mother to your child(ren) but a partner, a friend, a confidante, things will be different. It helps you become more sensitive and aware of things that are happening at home. It makes marriage... marriage :)

While I always thought that I knew the meaning of the saying "marriage is a two way highway...", now think I know it even more.     

No comments:

Post a Comment